Наблюдай, исследуй, используй! (TKVG 2010)

понедельник, 22 февраля 2010 г.

Something to start...

Why I have chosen this theme!

I have chosen this theme, because I am interested in culture life of my city, the city where I was born and which I like very much – Tallinn!
I am also interested in European life, in every possible action, such as European football championship (I am interested in sports), theatre performances and Eurovision (I have been watching Euronews channel since I was 10!)
Because of all these, I did not have any doubts what theme to choose!


History of European Capital of Culture

The first European Capital of Culture was Athens due to the idea of Greek representative of culture and later Greek minister of culture Melina Mercouri.

The European Capital of Culture is a city or cities which is the centre of European culture of the year. There are a lot of activities like music festivals, theatre and opera performances, sports events. This city gets many monetary grants to raise level of culture in this town: build new opera or theatre buildings; organise festivals and other events. For example, there was build a new “House of Music” in Porto when it was the European Capital of Culture in 2001. I would like to see some new sport stadiums in Tallinn in 2011! Since 2007, there are 2 or more capitals of the year. In 2000 there were 9 capitals (Avignon (France), Bergen (Norway), Bologna (Italy), Brussels (Belgium), Helsinki (Finland), Kraków (Poland), Prague (Czechia), Reykjavík (Iceland), Santiago de Compostela (Spain).

What I wish to learn while doing my research work

I wish to know more about future culture events in Tallinn and why Tallinn wanted to become the European Capital of Culture 2011.

GLOSSARY
monetary - relating to money
grant - an amount of money given to someone, especially by the government, for a particular purpose.

(theatre) performance -
A performance of a play in theatre

(sports) event - some matches in sports that are played


Here you can see my map:


Useful links:
www.wikipedia.com

1 комментарий:

  1. You did it! Congratulation on your start! It could have been even better if you had brushed up your English before publishing your notes - that's what your teacher is here for!

    ОтветитьУдалить