Наблюдай, исследуй, используй! (TKVG 2010)

вторник, 23 февраля 2010 г.

The Step # First:...

Our researchs title is:

Tallinn is the European Capital of Culture 2011.

(First Stage: 15-23 February).

In our research we will try to analyze the history and the actual meaning of the event by answering a set of questions. Also, the reasons for European Union to provide the opportunity for different European countries to be the "Capitals of Culture” every year. What is coming along with this title and some historical events connected with it. What are the benefits for title holders, Tallinn in particular?

Anastassia Turkina (11B) writes:

I chose the theme because the event is really worth being interested in. Actually, I am interested in all the cultural events in which Estonia and especially Tallinn is involved.

Also, as I study photography, I do my best to follow major cultural events in Tallinn. I do believe I will find lots of information about Tallinn 2011, which will make it easier for me to cover a year later.

And, last but not least, these were my foreign friends that defined my choice. I have got many friends involved in art who would like to visit Tallinn in 2011 and I am going to guide them around. For example, my friends from Lithuania are not going to miss the opportunity to come and compare our cultural program with what Vilnius boasted in 2009 as The European capital of culture of the year. By the way, I witnessed many exciting things that summer. My friends made my trip really fabulous and I really owe them one. This really triggered my start!

Alexander Monahov (11B) writes:

I personally chose this theme:

  • Foremost because it is clear what I should do and what I need to achieve during this research.
  • Second, I like pretty much everything that intertwines with English language and culture of different nations. :)

So, to begin with, we found the definition of “The European Capital of Culture” in Wikipedia:

The European Capital of Culture is a city designated by the European Union for a period of one calendar year during which it is given a chance to showcase its cultural life and cultural development. A number of European cities have used the City of Culture year to transform their cultural base and, in doing so, the way in which they are viewed internationally. During the first two decades, cities were chosen primarily based on cultural history, scheduled events and the ability to provide infrastructural and financial support. A 2004 study by the European Commission by Robert Palmer demonstrated that the choice of European Capital of Culture served as a catalyst for the cultural development and the transformation of the city. Consequently, the beneficial socio-economic development and impact for the chosen city are now also considered in determining the chosen cities.

© http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Capital_of_Culture

Also, here they are (the links that will be helpful in my research):

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Capital_of_Culture - Basic material about all European Capitals of Culture (past/present/future/candidates etc.)

2) http://ec.europa.eu/culture/index_en.htm - European Culture Commission.

3) http://www.tallinn2011.ee/ - Future European Capital of Culture. Tallinn! :)

1 комментарий:

  1. See for yourself - well begun is really half done, isn't it? One more tip here - cooperation is the key to success. As your research is pairwork, I think it is a good idea to share responsibilities and contribution to fully enjoy your final reward!

    ОтветитьУдалить